Saturday, August 11, 2012

{BEDA #11}

As a warning I'm going to be all over the place here.  I'm not sure where I want to go with it.

Lately, I've felt this need to reestablish my home as a comfortable happy place to be in.  Along with  myself and my role as a mother and a homemaker.  I want to be what I know I can be and should be.  I stumble a lot in this.  In fact to be honest I fall flat on my face and roll around in the muck of it.  I wonder,  is the reason I feel this way because I'm pregnant and nesting? Too tired to do these things?

I want Hubs to come home from work and be happy to be there and feel relaxed. Not bogged down with the mess.  We wanted me to stay at home to take care of it.  It's my job  To make it loved.  I need to honestly go through everything in my home and get things done.  Organized, purged, and put away.  I don't have the attention span to do it on my own I usually do this really well if I have a friend to talk to during the process.  I often wonder why that is hmm. Anyway, needless to say I need to get my act together.

God has been putting little things for me.  To help me to realize this.  To help motivate me to be who He wants me to be.  Who I am supposed to be.  My role as a Proverbs 31 wife.

It's no secret to anyone in my life I hate doing the dishes.   I usually just leave them for Hubs to do.  Who, as the man I know and love, puts it off for as long as he can.  Most times they will sit there for a week {if not more depending on what our week looked like and how tired we are.}  Well, today I was nesting. And nesting HARD!  So as a little gift for my Hubs I did the dishes for him.

Today I challenged myself to get everything to be really nice by the time he got home from work. {Let's just say it didn't go according to plan.}  I actually got all the laundry caught up and put away {I also HATE putting clothes away}, organized the office area a little bit, vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed, organized the towels from thinnest to thickest, fought with Princess all afternoon trying to get her to take a nap, I got to take a little rest, with hang out with our neighbors, visited with a friend for an hour this afternoon, and a few other things I can't remember {too tired to lol.}

I've started to do different things different days. For example:

Sunday: Relax
Monday: Laundry {wash, fold, and put away}
Tuesday: Kitchen {wipe down counters, clean out fridge and microwave, sweep and mop}
Wednesday: Bedrooms and Dusting
Thursday: Bathroom {toilet, tub, sink and counter, sweep and mop, mirrors}
Friday: Laundry {wash, fold, put away}
Saturday: Living Room

{vacuum, sweep and mop, trash as needed}

It's getting really late so I'm going to sign off. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment