Thursday, July 19, 2012

{The Terrible Two's Have Taken A Toll}

Just to warn you this post will contain a lot of ranting from the Pregnant Homemaker Neuriel.



The terrible two's just the sound of it alone can scare every parent out there.  Before they hit with Princess Hubs didn't believe in it's existence, but then they hit.


However, whenever he's home she's a lot more behaved than when he's gone. In fact, if I run out to the store really quick she's a perfect angel. {Of course *sigh*} He didn't realize the difference until I walked through the door when I came home and her attitude completely changed {still wonderful compared to when it's just Princess and I} and he was shocked and asked "Where did that attitude come from?" I told him it gets much worse when he goes to work.


Today, however, I decided I'm done.  She's been taken off the pacifier at night and nap times as of Tuesday {I figured to myself "Oh, maybe she's just acting out because of it." However, after today I'm done.  She tried to climb her dresser and one of the drawers pulled out and she fell {thankfully not too far and not the whole thing.} After that she decided to pull out all of her drawers and make a mess, followed by coloring all over the walls and doors while I picked up one mess after another, I put her down for her nap 2 hours late hoping she would be tired enough to pass out. No such luck. {FYI yes I tried disciplining her after every single one of these happenings. None seemed to work.} During nap time I sat down for a breather and I here a quite thud. After today I know to investigate every single noise I hear.  And she had fallen on her bed and the binds were messed up. Yes that's right she tried to pull or climb the binds.


SO, I'm done. I've lost all patience. I will no longer put up with the lack of respect. Nor will I be walked all over.  I think I've done well going this long honestly.  With my mood swings and such. I've decided I'm taking everything out of her room.  EVERYTHING! {Well not everything lol I'm keeping her bed and clothes in there but nothing else.} No toys. No decorations. No pictures on the walls. So I put her in the crib that is still set up in her room, gave her her pillow, blankets, and her puppy {her new security after the binky} and started pulling everything out of her room and into the nursery {no where else to put it all right now.} I will then give it back slowly if she acts well or taken away if she acts up again.


I've even decided that I'm not going to go through her toys and get rid of a few because lets face it she has too many to begin with. I've also decided this is a good time to start in on a new challenge.


I challenge myself to go through the house, room by room, and get rid of everything that we don't need.  If they're clothes they will be gone through and given a home {toss, donate, keep, crafts}, if they're toys {toss, donate, Princess, Fairy}, ect.  {However, computer type stuff is all for Hubs to go through.} I want to live a simpler way, I'm tired of the mess it's bringing me down. I'm even thinking of getting rid of all the 'Made in China" toys too, and just stick with american made or hand made items.


I keep thinking of living like that and I figure why just keep dreaming of it and finally live it already.  Why not start now?  I grew up on a hobby sized homestead and I want to do the same with my kids too.  I want to appreciate what I have and teach my children you don't need to have the newest greatest toys to be happy.  I want to teach my kids to use their imagination. What's holding me back? Nothing. So why haven't I started yet? Well this is me starting.











No comments:

Post a Comment