Monday, June 18, 2012

Recovery Week


I hope everyone had a really good Father's Day! 

After this past week of getting ready for family and friends to be here for my Hub's graduation (I'm so proud of you my love!!) and after party, I am just so tired and worn down. Even my binder is suffering for it.  So, after last weeks post about "today I will choose joy" I've decided that I should have a motto of the week to help me to get through that week and hopefully yours as well. This week's motto is:
"My home is filled with toys, has fingerprints on everything, and is never quiet. My hair is usually a mess and I'm always tired, but there is always love and laughter here. In twenty years my children won't remember the house or my hair but they will remember the time we spent together and the love they felt. Your children only get one childhood. Make it a good one."



Recipe for today comes from Chocolate Covered Katie

(No sugar!) Cookie Dough Dip

It’s gluten-free, too.
  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained) (250g after draining)
  • heaping 1/8 tsp salt
  • tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (You can get away with using only 3 tbsp. If you use peanut butter, some people say it has a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so you can sub oil if you don’t want that.)
  • 1 and 1/4 cups pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
  • 2 tbsp oats (You can omit if desired.)
  • milk of choice as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few tbsp.)
In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor (for best results, not a blender) and blend until very smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment