Thursday, November 17, 2011

Putting off doing things

So I started to type up all of my recipes onto a flash drive and I got pretty far. However, sadly I ran out of steam. Actually I had started doing it so I could put off doing the dishes. Now I'm blogging to put off typing my recipes. How sad is that? It would be even worse if I didn't put a recipe up today huh? So therefore I will put up one I will randomly open to.


Good news! We got a new table last night! Also I'm getting a couple sewing machines here soon too! Anyway here is the recipe:




Sarah’s Potato Soup 
1/2 a stick of butter
2 medium carrots (diced)
1 small onion (diced) (or minced onion)
2 tbs. flour
8 medium russet potatoes (peeled and cut into smallish cubes)
4 cups of milk
4-6 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot milk
1 cup half and half
salt and pepper.

You melt butter and sauté onion and carrots (if using minced onions I just used as much as I thought a small onion would make) until both are slightly tender (about 5 mins). Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Add potatoes, milk, and dissolved bouillon cubes. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until potatoes are very soft. Add half and half and pepper and salt.






No comments:

Post a Comment