Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy First of November

I hope Halloween was fun for everyone! I know it was a blast here unfortunately my husband had class last night so he didn't go trick-or-treating with us for the first time with our daughter last night :( but thankfully my parents came and went with us so that was fun.  Princess was a Ballerina (at least that's what it said on the package but it came with wings and a devil horns headband does that make sense?) Oh well she was so stinking adorable anyway lol.  I even got to dress up as the Mad Hatter. Princess got so into it after she figured out that she didn't have to trade the candy she got for more lol she even got into knocking on all the doors.


Now it's time to get ready for Christmas (oh, and Thanksgiving too lol) and I've already been listening to Christmas music today. I hope I get a new sewing machine this year I hope all my "hints" (flat out telling) to my husband that I need a new one.


last but not least recipe of the day is from Picky Palate


Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks of softened butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla
heaping 1/2 cup frozen vanilla ice cream
4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350f.  Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.  Add flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Scoop onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transfering to the cooling rack.







No comments:

Post a Comment